Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.2 Upgrade Released Today




Today Native Instruments released an update for us Traktor loyalists. After perusing the change log I didn't see anything that would greatly improve the way I use the software but the ability to directly map cells in Remix Decks did pique my interest.

Like all Traktor users, I have been bit in the ass from an upgrade before. Everything from having to beat-grid my entire collection to non-functional time-code has happened to me from a 0-day upgrade so to say that I am a bit gun shy is an understatement.

But then I saw that I could now directly map my new Numark Orbit with features on Kontrol F1 users could do before like Reverse, Cell Load & Capture and Quantize. Yes, Quantize. Thank jebus it is about freaking time!

The update also makes a few chances the deck layout – adding deck warning messages to the header and allowing users to easily see if Flux Mode is enabled from the transport section of each deck.


Here’s the full list of updated features:

KEY FEATURES:
- Integration of TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1
- Overall performance and stability improvements

BROWSER:
- Fixed text input for Japanese characters (Windows)

CONTROLLER MANAGER:
- Added controls for direct mapping of Remix Deck cells
- Added controls for advanced Remix Deck features: Reverse, Quantize, Cell Load, Delete & Capture
- “Invert” option now properly available for all control types

DECKS:
- Timecode and deck related warning messages are now prominently displayed in the Deck Header
- Added Flux Mode button to the Transport Section

MIXER:
- Removed Mixer Headroom setting for External Mixer mode
- Headroom setting of TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2 no longer affects other devices

TIMECODE:
- Improved timecode reliability when using Hot Cues (all media)
- Improved resistance against record damage (Vinyl MK2)
- Improved tracking alert warning (Vinyl MK2)
- High Input warning (CD all)
- Scroll-Zone unresponsiveness fixed (CD MK2)

So do I bit the bullet and upgrade tonight or do I wait for the forums to blow up with "WTF!!!!" posts tomorrow? I'm actually moving my studio arrangement around so I think I will wait but man, it's tempting.

No comments:

Post a Comment