Sunday, May 19, 2013

Otherside .. Many Ways In, Only A Few Ways Out.

Hits Close To Home....

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - The VS. EP

**Click To Listen Or Right Click To Download**

If I had to write a song that summed up my childhood and teen years, it would sound a hell of a lot like "Otherside".

I love a song that tells a story and albums that have a natural flow to them. It's like reading a book and damn is it satisfying when you hit that point where it all clicks and you realize that the lyrics and hooks that you bounce to are drawn from their own lives.
Life, Lyrics, Lessons, Learned, Loved, Lost....Redemption.Kids, don't mistake freedom for slavery.... 
If you are told that you made your bed and to lie in it you respond right back that you won't lay down because laying down is giving up.
Never give up.

Even when it looks hopeless, never give up. Like Marley said though, "First take care of head"....


Another champion in the arena of these "life lesson" songs and albums is one of my favorite storytellers , GFK. He may be a rapper to you but he is a true storyteller. While others from the Wu like RZA are insane lyricists and rhyme manipulators, Ghostface is a straight up storyteller.

I'm not too proud to say that I have more than once sat there on the floor with headphones in at 110%, listened to "All That I Got Is You" and cried.

The bars that always get me are :


Throw Your W's Up!

It Won't Be Us, It Won't Be Us, It Won't Be Us...

It Won't Be ME
I was wrong, but I made it right.

You can too. If you need help all you have to do is ask. You might have to ask a lot of people before you find the right one but your life can be taken back if you want it.

Never Give Up.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment