Thursday, April 25, 2013

Finding Your Neon Cathedral

Neon Cathedral

I read the Bible but I forgot the verses.
The liquor store is open later than the churches.

Have you ever smelled bless that smells atomic Vodka?
11 AM in the morning and you can’t get it off ya.

Comment to the preacher but it’s like the pastor isn’t talking.

Until the store opens I can read up on that doctrine.

The people close to me say I’m in need of a doctor.
Think that I got a problem but these are not apostles.

I got tins that scole like my throat when I hit the bottle.
And I’m sinking and that’s why I keep on drinking.

I need a refill, bar more than once every weekend.
Sweet Jesus, I’m getting amnesia.

Shaking til I’d get a taste, my faith is having seizures

Every time I walk away and try to leave it...
Every time I walk away and try to leave it...

Wouldn’t miss it for the world.
Baptized in my vices and the bar is my church.

Traded my artist and I pawned off the easel.
Spend it all searching for God at the Neon Cathedral.


No comments:

Post a Comment